Thursday, November 5, 2009

Shooting Hungry @ Hunter

The planning, shooting and editing of my video project all was very instrumental in the shoot that we had during class time. Storyboarding the film made it much easier for me to move through the shoot. I would not have been able to shoot at all four locations I used if I had not gone to the locations and mapped out the shoot. Also pitching the film to the entire class was also very beneficial. It was good to practice explaining the concept behind a character. Since the process has you explain the film to your partner as well as answer questions from the whole class, I was prepared to quickly respond to my actress’s questions. One thing that I think would have been beneficial would have been more camera access. I think we could have benefited from using the cameras during the storyboarding process and possibly the writing process. When a storyboard is constructed based off how your eyes perceive a space it is different than when you look at the space with the camera you are using. Since we were shooting at such a specific time we could have been able to look at our possible settings through the lens of the cameras we would be using. This could have helped us brainstorm different ideas. If we realize that during our section, a certain area is deserted or even populated to our liking it could help us shape a story. It could help us think about new ways to utilize a space. While I think scouting time would have helped me get a better film, I m pleased with the product I received. I thought with such short time to shoot and edit, I might be unable to shoot a complete narrative. I was wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home